Thursday, February 2, 2012

Fast Food Nation



Fast Food Nation: the Dark Side of the All-American Meal is a book by Eric Schlosser about the horrors of the fast food industry in America.

I read this for school, so I didn't necessarily want to read Fast Food Nation, but after reading it, I realized how much I learned and I really enjoyed the book. The book fascinated me, captivated me, disgusted me, and made me rethink fast food. But ultimately, it made me more aware of how poorly America is run.

The book was published in 2002, and is compared to Upton Sinclair's The Jungle (1906). Like Sinclair, Schlosser tells the real story. Behind those pretty arched M's, there's deception. Beef and poultry aren't as clean as you think it is. E coli is still in your meat. Obesity does have to do with poor diets and too much fast food. And money means everything in the fast food business. Cheap food is what you're getting, not always good food.

I recommend this book to every American citizen, it will open your eyes to your ignorance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment