Friday, February 24, 2012

Tarzan (1999) Review



Tarzan was definitely not one of my favorite childhood movies. I hated Disney movies in general as a child. They were dark and scary. I don't see how Disney appealed to any child. Every movie of theirs was absolutely terrifying. But as i've grown up, i've come to like Disney movies more and more. When I was about 13 or so, I really started liking their movies. I still didn't have a preference for Tarzan, until about a week ago when I got a hankering to watch the movie. I watched it and loved it. It was way shorter than I remember it as a child, but it wasn't scary anymore. Of course, there was still the lingering preschool reminiscence. 

So as I said, I watched Tarzan. I throughly enjoyed the movie. I loved the music, all the songs are super catchy and still linger in my head the day after I watch the movie. I noticed things I had never noticed as a child, and it made the movie even greater. Jane and Tarzan's relationship was short and cute, but had no real depth. But, as a Disney movie, it totally didn't matter. They were a cute couple and had a ton of funny moments. I think Tarzan is one of Disney's best classic films. It's great for kids, if they're not terrified, and adults love the movie as well. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment