Friday, February 10, 2012

Sherlock Holmes (2009) Review





Sherlock Holmes came out back in 2009, and I waited until the following November to buy it. I had wanted to see it, but I didn't, forgot about it, saw it at the Black Friday sale, bought it, got it on Christmas, watched it during the break, and loved it. I have always loved mysteries, and so logically, I love Sherlock Holmes. The stories are brilliant, they have action and intense plots. Plus, Watson and Holmes have the best relationship ever. It's hilarious to read about them together. 

But back to the movie. The movie was fantastic. Holmes was new and reinvented, someone I had never really thought of him before, but very fitting after you think about it. Downey's portrayal of Holmes is to the T.  Watson adds wit and humor to the movie. The movie wouldn't be great without the duo's bromance and the perfect unity in their working together. It takes both of them to solve the case, not just Holmes. I also really enjoyed when the camera would slow down and Holmes would show his thinking process, it was very interesting and added to the movie's coolness. 

Robert Downey, Jr. plays Sherlock Holmes, Jude Law plays Watson, and Rachel McAdams plays Irene Adler. You wouldn't think these actors would make a very good Sherlock Holmes movie, but they really mesh and it goes over well on the screen. 

I enjoyed this movie and thought it was very well portrayed. My opinion of Sherlock Holmes was changed for the better. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment