Monday, January 16, 2012

The Help (2011) Review


A while back, I read The Help, and I liked it very much, but i'll tell you more about that in a later post. Anywho, I never saw the movie in theaters. So yesterday, one of my friends loaned me the movie and I watched it late last night.  I enjoyed the movie and thought it was very well written and portrayed, but something was missing.  

It was slow to catch onto and a little abrupt in some scenes. The characters were acceptable and easy to relate to and/or fall in love with. The end leaves you with hope for all three major characters. But still, with all this, the movie was only good. It wasn't as great as everybody said it was. But the praise was true in a few aspects. It made you feel emotion for the characters, it made you think, and it taught you something about human nature. 

The Help was a feel good movie that meets its mark, but it's not on my favorite movie list. 

The Help stars Emma Stone, Viola Davis, Octavia Spencer, and Bryce Dallas Howard. 

   














No comments:

Post a Comment