Friday, January 6, 2012

Rick vs. Flynn



Rick O'Connell (The Mummy) and Flynn Rider (Tangled)

So is it just me or do these two guys resemble each other?

Last night, I was watching Tangled, to lull me to sleep, and I couldn't help feel like Flynn reminded me of someone else in a movie i've seen lately. So I thought about it throughout the movie and it finally hit me...Rick O'Connel from the Mummy movies, which, as you know, I just recently watched. 

The two characters do not only resemble each other, they act similar in their roles. In The Mummy, Rick isn't a big ball of mush until after he falls in love, same as Flynn. They both save the damsel in distress. They are adventurers. Look at the hair. They are quick with jokes. They're rough edged. Etc, etc, etc. 

It just makes me smile thinking about these two guys, some of my favorite movie characters. Maybe that's why I like them so much; because they're so similar.  

No comments:

Post a Comment