Saturday, January 28, 2012

Princess Ka'iulani (2010) Review



Princess Ka'iulani was a spectacular movie. I learned something and I fell in love with the characters. The acting was believable, the costumes were gorgeous, the love was sappy. 

I honestly loved Q'orianka Kilcher as the princess. She had such a way about her that was beauty in itself. Her acting was spectacular and she won me over easily. I can't remember anyone who's done that in quite a while. 

The supporting cast was also wonderful, adding conflicts and sweet moments to the film. My favorite part about the movie was learning about Hawaii's annexation to the United States. In textbooks in America, we talk about how we wronged them very little because it's cruel what we did to that country. America is all about freedom, but we didn't give Hawaii the freedom to choose if they wanted to be annexed. It really saddened me that the US did this. 

Overall, it was a good movie to watch on Saturday night, light and informative. 

Princess Ka'iulani stars Q'orianka Kilcher, Barry Pepper, and Shaun Evans. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment