Monday, February 20, 2012

Overboard (1987) Review


The other day I was on the internet when I came upon Overboard. I watched the trailer, and remembered one of my friends watching it while I was at her house once. So later, when I got some free time, I watched the movie. I can honestly say the movie got me into 80s movies and I'm excited to explore more old movies now. I thought old movies were bad quality and stupid, but they're better in many aspects than movies today. 

Overboard was like a lot of romantic comedies, but it had a good twist and it had me hooked. I found myself really rooting for the couple, unlike in most romantic comedies when you just watch it mindlessly to pass time. The movie was funny and fast paced. It was cliched at the end, but that's okay, no movie's perfect. It's a great family or date night movie. 

The two stars, Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn are a couple in real life, and I think it reflected very well in their movie. There were things that seemed very genuine about them as a couple, they could fight just as well as they could make up. 

For some reason, I keep thinking about Fool's Gold, when I think about the movie. I'm not too sure why. It's kind of weird. 

I recommend Overboard to everyone to experience at least once, you'll enjoy it. 











No comments:

Post a Comment